Rama Setu: Manmohan responsible for proposal to dismantle

VHP holds PM responsible for proposal to dismantle Ram Setu
Monday October 29 2007 14:01 IST

Express News Service

VISAKHAPATNAM: Viswa Hindu Parishad (VHP) international general secretary Praveen Togadia held Prime Minister Manmohan Singh responsible for the proposed dismantling of Ram Setu, which is meant to facilitate the construction of Sethusamudram project. He vowed to not allow ancient bridge to be destroyed and called upon the Hindu community to fight for its cause.
Addressing a public meeting organised by Rameswaram-Rama Sethu Parirakshana Vedika here today, Togadia said that the Hindu religion needs no evidence and the Ram Setu is its integral part. He said the Hindu intellectuals should not be searching for evidence of Hindu culture and Ram Setu just because their veracity was doubted by some anti-Hindu forces. ‘‘Lord Rama would have taken a medical certificate had He predicted that his existence would be questioned by Manmohan Singh Government,’’ he quipped.
Togadia alleged that the monuments like Qutub Minar in Delhi and Haji Ali in Mumbai were not touched and, the fly-over between Kurla and Bandra were diverted because they belong to the minorities. He questioned the Government’s motive in trying to destroy Ram Setu in name of development. Ram Setu is dividing the stormy Bay of Bengal and calm Arabian sea and, warned that 4 lakh fishermen would be affected if Ram Setu is destroyed.
Togadia announced that a country-wide campaign would be taken up from Nov 20 with ‘floating stones’ collected from near the Ram Setu, pictures of Ram, Hanuman and Shankar. The campaign would cover 12 ‘Jyothirlingas’ and every possible village in the country to muster support for the pro-bridge agitation. The dismantling of Ram Setu is aimed at insulting the Hindu faith, he added.

http://tinyurl.com/28ntqh

Unmoved by impeachment talk, SC issues notice to Karunanidhi, Balu

New Delhi (PTI): Virtually snubbing the Union Transport Minister T R Balu, the Supreme Court on Monday said that it was not bothered if somebody wanted to move an impeachment motion against judges accused of corruption and other irregularities.

“If they want to file impeachment motion against some judges let them do it. We are not concerned with it. We are only examining whether, they have committed contempt,” the apex court observed, while issuing notices to the Tamil Nadu Chief Minister M Karunanidhi, Union Transport Minister T R Balu and others for the October one state-wide strike on Sethusamudram controversy.

A Bench of Justices B N Aggarwal and P P Naolekar observed that in recent times remarks questioning the integrity of certain individual judges had been made but said it was not concerned with such issues and those who wanted to impeach the said judges had the liberty do so.

The court’s observations on the impeachment talk came in the backdrop of Balu’s reported comments on the eve of the TN strike in which he alleged prevalence of corruption among certain members of the judiciary, which according to the AIADMK counsel Guru Krishna Kumar amounted to clear contempt of court.

The apex court also asked the AIADMK counsel to submit in the court a copy of the CD purportedly showing Balu making scandalous and contemptuous remarks against the apex court.

http://www.hinduonnet.com/thehindu/holnus/000200710291826.htm

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: